How To Give
Checks must be made to Communities Foundation of Oklahoma or CFO. The fund name (Ringwood Scholarship Endowment, Ringwood-Smith Scholarship, Ringwood-Ross Scholarship, Ringwood-Mason Scholarship or Ringwood-Nance Scholarship) must be noted on the memo line in the lower left corner of the check. Send check (and completed donor card if you have one) to the following address:
Ringwood Education Foundation, P.O. Box 175, Ringwood, OK 73768.
Credit card donations may be made by clicking the "DONATE TODAY" button above or by going to cfok.org/Ringwood and selecting your choice under “Donate to a Scholarship.”
- Ringwood Education Foundation- Ringwood Scholarship Endowment
- Ringwood Education Foundation- Danny L. and Margaret Ann (Doll) Smith Memorial Scholarship
- Ringwood Education Foundation- Dr. Kenton and Mrs. Eula Mae (Oakley) Ross Scholarship
- Ringwood Education Foundation- Jack and Betty (Ratzlaff) Mason (Class of 1943) Memorial Scholarship
- Ringwood Education Foundation- Lloydene Nance Memorial Scholarship
- Issue a check made to Communities Foundation of Oklahoma or (CFO) with “Ringwood” and the fund name (Scholarship Endowment, Nance, Mason, Ross, or Smith) written on the memo line. Complete the donor card if you have one and mail to Ringwood Education Foundation, P.O. Box 175, Ringwood, OK 73768.
- Use your credit or debit card online at cfok.org/Ringwood. Follow instructions under “Donate to a Scholarship.”
- Set up a monthly donation through your credit or debit card on the CFO website, cfok.org/Ringwood.
- Give stocks, bonds, treasuries, mutual funds, or real estate.
- Bequeath property in an estate plan (Deed upon Death) or through a will in your estate plan.
- Establish a legacy scholarship fund (minimum $25,000 to establish). See Endowment to Honor Family or Loved One.
- Name the Ringwood Education Foundation as a memorial fund when a loved one dies.
- Name the Ringwood Education Foundation as the beneficiary of an insurance policy, IRA or 401K (or other retirement plan).
- Set up a Charitable Remainder Trust/Wealth Remainder Trust. We are here to help.
- Request that we assist you if you work for a company with matching charitable donations.
If you must take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) starting at 70½ years of age, consider channeling all or some of it to the Ringwood Education Foundation, a 501(c)3 charity, saving you from paying tax on the distribution. This is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). The RMD cannot come directly to you or any account in your name. If you direct your IRA trustee to make your RMD directly to CFO for the Ringwood Education Foundation, the donation will still be reported on Form 1099-R and reported on your tax return but would be reported as not taxable. A letter of acknowledgement from CFO will include the amount of your contribution. Keep this letter with your tax papers. You cannot claim a charitable donation for the amount in your tax return because you will have already received a tax benefit. Checks must be made payable to CFO, designated for the Ringwood Education Foundation and the fund of your choice. Consult your tax accountant and your IRA trustee. It is quite simple to do, and the proceeds will benefit students through scholarships. Please call 580-603-4261 for mailing instructions and other important information.
The Foundation will work with you to establish a scholarship endowment in the name of your family or a particular loved one with a minimum donation of $25,000. If a gift is made to establish a new fund, a written agreement between the donor and the CFO will be executed. CFO provides matching funds for each new fund and for succeeding donations as long as matching funds remain available each year.
You may designate your contribution to any of the named legacy scholarship funds or you may contribute to the general Scholarship Endowment fund. Donations to the Scholarship Endowment may be in memory of friends and loved ones or in honor of a special date, event, or person. Specify your wish to do so on the donor card (or in writing) for contributions by check or in the designated section of the website when using a credit card. We will send an acknowledgment letter to the family of the memorialized person when you provide the name and address where you would like for it to be sent.